Recipe: Chocolate Caramel Cups, Nut-Free, Allergen-Friendly

A big one with freshly melted chocolate poured over caramel and salt sprinkled on top.

If you follow my social feeds, you’ll see homemade vanilla ice cream and caramel has a prominent place in my weekly rotation of goodies. But I thought to myself, “I have caramel in the freezer and chocolate in the cupboard, what if I make “Chocolate Caramel Cups”? How difficult can that be?”

Turns out not difficult at all. In fact, way too easy. Now I could make this more fancy, temper the chocolate or make a ganache but I tried it with just melting semi-sweet chocolate and caramel and it came out mighty fine. If you want to get fancy go for it, but these are pretty delish as is and super stress-free simple.

If you’re on Instagram, look at my highlighted story to see how I made these.


Recipe Notes:

Because the chocolate isn’t tempered they will need to stay in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to eat them or otherwise they will get melty. 

I made these in a small batch, just 6 candies at a time, because if I made more, I’d eat more. Feel free to scale up and melt the whole bag of chocolate and go crazy!

I made these candies in regular muffin cup sizes too, way too big for my taste. The minis are one-to-two perfect bite sizes and almost guilt free because they are so small.

I used this caramel recipe – make ahead and keep caramel in freezer or fridge.

I used Enjoy Life baking 69% chocolate, yum for this as it’s semi-sweet.

I sprinkled a tiny bit of coarse Kosher salt on top, adds a layer of complexity.

How I melt chocolate.

What you need: teaspoons, baking sheet, mini-muffin cups.

Recipe: Chocolate Caramel Cups, Nut-Free,  Allergen-Friendly

Ingredients:
½ cup baking chocolate, melted
6 teaspoons of salted caramel, chilled
6 mini-muffin cups

Directions: 
Spoon 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into each mini-muffin cup and smooth the melted chocolate up the sides of the cup with back of the teaspoon. Place into the freezer for 5 minutes. Once chilled, scoop 1 teaspoon of chilled salted caramel into the chocolate cups. Then top with a teaspoon each cup of the remaining melted chocolate to cover the caramel. Sprinkle on salt whilst chocolate is still melted. Pop into the freezer until chilled.
  
Serve immediately or once chilled, place candied into a Tupperware with a top ad keep in freezer until ready to eat. 


A mini on top of vanilla ice cream!

Comments

Popular Posts